Monday, April 18, 2011

Writer with Sizzle Interview: Nana Malone!

Please welcome contemporary romance author Nana Malone!

About Nana:

Nana’s love of all things romance and adventure started with a tattered romantic suspense she borrowed from her cousin on a sultry summer afternoon in Ghana at a precocious thirteen. She’s been in love with kick butt heroines ever since. With her overactive imagination, and channeling her inner Buffy, it was only a matter a time before she started creating her own characters.

Waiting for her chance at a job as a ninja assassin, Nana, meantime works out her drama, passion and sass with fictional characters every bit as sassy and kick butt as she thinks she is. Though, until that ninja job comes through, you’ll find her acting out scenes for hubby and puppy while catching up on her favorite reality television shows in sunny San Diego.

Her debut novel GAME, SET, MATCH is available from The Wild Rose Press and Amazon.

Lia: Welcome, Nana! Please tell us about your latest release, Game, Set, Match.

Nana: Game, Set, Match is a contemporary romance set in Los Angeles. It’s a story of lost and reacquainted love. In a world of flash and not much substance, Jason is looking to find meaning in his life again, while Izzy is struggling to keep her family together while building her career. Both characters need to overcome their self doubt, trust barriers and the pains of the past to find their way back to each other.

Lia: Sounds great! Have you ever cried or laughed out loud while writing a scene?

Nana: Oh absolutely! The scene I laughed about most in this book was where Izzy sent a, erm, scandalous picture of herself to the wrong man. While I haven't done that before myself, I can just imagine. Holy red faced. I laughed the whole time I wrote it.

Lia: That’s hilarious! I bet she was mortified. Which scene do you think will leave the reading squirming in their seat?

Nana: Ha! I warn you now, I write hot. Not quite erotica, but everyone who reads GSM, should be running for their significant other. Start with the first love scene through the last.

Lia: Have your characters ever been caught having sex in public? How did that go?

Nana: Funny you should ask. Lol. Two characters in GSM do get busted, but they don't know it until later. In the book I'm writing right now, I have my main characters get caught. Don't want to spoil it for you, but you know how you get past that point of no return where you just can't stop... *flutter of eyelashes."

Lia: *Fanning* Yeah, I think I might know what you’re talking about. Wink-wink. Thanks so much for being here today, Nana!

Nana: Thank you so much for having me for this interview. I really enjoyed myself.

Other places to find Nana:


http://www.nanamalone.com/

http://www.thepopculturedivas.com/

Facebook

Twitter

3 comments:

Misty Evans said...

Hi Nana! Hi Lia! Great interview. I loved GSM and it IS hot! Let me tell you, Jason Cartwright is one sexy tennis player. I was drooling all over the book. And I heart Izzy - she's so strong and yet vulnerable. I definitely recommend this fab read from Ms. Malone. She's one great story teller!

Nana Malone said...

Thank you Misty! I really love these two characters. I'll always have a soft spot and a sexy spot *wink* for them in my heart.

Nana

Lia Slater said...

Gotta love a drool-worthy story! My favorite. :-) Great to have you here, Nana! Hello to Misty!